Head of Molecular Modeling & Design
Villigen, Aargau, SwitzerlandScientific
Join us to push the boundaries of structure-based drug discovery and design medicines that matter.
leadXpro is a rapidly growing company in the field of membrane protein structural biology. Our platform harmoniously integrates all facets of membrane protein biochemistry, biophysics, and structural biology, encapsulating techniques such as X-ray crystallography and cryo-EM. Our team combines specialized knowledge in protein science, pioneering technologies in structural biology and expertise in ligand design and characterization.
leadXpro is currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic computational chemist who will be part of an interdisciplinary team working on leadXpro proprietary as well as partnered projects within a highly collaborative international environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting experiments with computational predictions, as well as computational analysis, virtual screening and molecular design. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a dynamic team that values transparency, integrity, reliability, and a passion for science to create benefits for the patients.
Key duties include:
- Computational chemistry support and ligand design.
- Hit generation by virtual screening.
- Structural biology support, for either X-ray or cryo-EM groups, including generation of new protein constructs and ligand docking into experimental maps.
- Project management
- Participation in software evaluation and deployment.
We are actively seeking individuals with the following qualifications and attributes to join our team:
- A PhD in chemistry or related sciences
- At least 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of ligand-based and structure-based methods for CADD.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage high-performance scientific computing to impact projects.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English are essential.
At leadXpro, we believe in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment that embraces diversity in all its forms. We actively promote equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.
- Working in a truly multidisciplinary and international team of scientists and experts.
- Excellent infrastructure for cutting edge science.
- Flexible work environment.
- Attractive employment conditions.
Please send us your application online in English.