Laboratory Associate – Biochemistry (80-100%)
Villigen, Aargau, SwitzerlandTechnical
leadXpro is currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic laboratory associate who will be part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists working on leadXpro proprietary as well as partnered projects within a highly collaborative international environment. The successful candidate will be part of the Biochemistry / Protein Science team and support the company platform in membrane protein purification and characterization, and support daily operation and maintenance of biochemistry lab.
The successful candidate will be expected to work within a dynamic team that values transparency, integrity, reliability, and a passion for science to create benefits for the patients.
- You will help implementation of processes for membrane protein purification and characterization
- Participations for general biochemistry laboratory tasks such as reagent preparation, inventory management, receiving and storing of reagents, and operation and maintenance of appropriate laboratory equipment
- Provide high-quality data on time and document results within electronic lab notebook
- Evaluate, analyze and interpret research data and create reports using established software tools and systems
- Present data to line management and project team
- Handle multiple tasks and projects in parallel
- Apprenticeship as a laboratory technician, or a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, or a related discipline.
- Hands-on purification of protein (experience with membrane proteins is a plus)
- Experience in preparing and characterizing protein samples for crystallization or cro-EM is preferred
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly integrated team environment where accuracy, accountability and timeliness are essential
- You are fluent in English and can communicate research results to the team and cross-functional stakeholders across the company
- Working in a truly multidisciplinary and international team of scientists and experts
- Excellent infrastructure for cutting edge science
- Flexible work environment
- Attractive employment conditions
At leadXpro, we believe in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment that embraces diversity in all its forms. We actively promote equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are a dedicated with a passion for membrane protein research and drug discovery, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of novel therapeutics and make a significant impact on the development of new medicines. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant documents in English.