Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist Biochemistry (SLC specialist), 100%
Villigen, Aargau, SwitzerlandScientific
Join us to push the boundaries of structure-based drug discovery and design of medicines that matter
leadXpro is a rapidly growing company in the field of membrane protein structural biology. Our platform harmoniously integrates all facets of membrane protein biochemistry, biophysics, and structural biology, encapsulating techniques such as X-ray crystallography and cryo-EM. Our team combines specialized knowledge in protein science, pioneering technologies in structural biology and expertise in ligand design and characterization.
leadXpro AG is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist specializing in the solute carrier (SLC) transporter class of membrane proteins. The selected candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists working on leadXpro proprietary and partnered projects, within a highly collaborative international environment.
In this role, you are responsible for managing and strengthening our SLC portfolio for small molecule drug-discovery using your expertise in protein science and 3D structural analysis. You will work closely with a team of scientists and researchers to design and execute experiments, interpret results, and present findings to internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be expected to work within a dynamic team that values transparency, integrity, reliability, and a passion for science to create benefits for patients.
Key duties include:
- Design and implement workflows, contribute experimentally to purify and characterize solute carrier (SLC) transporters for biophysics and structural biology studies as well as hit generation/validation activities
- Innovate and further develop existing experimental procedures and implement novel technologies for SLC
- Work closely with lab associates and scientists in a matrix-like setting, including the mentoring and development of junior team members
- Present and communicate results at internal and external meetings and in scientific publications
- PhD or equivalent experience in biochemistry/structural biology or a related field, with at least 5 years of working experience in a company (Biotech or Pharma) or in an academic institute
- Strong expertise and proven track record in SLC protein biochemistry
- Experience with membrane protein biophysical/biochemical characterization (such as fluorescence/analytical-SEC, thermostability, ITC, transporter activity, ligand binding), construct design and tagging strategy using pioneering tools and screening, analytical methods for protein characterisation and structural biology (cryo-EM and Xray), wide experience with multiple SLCs will be considered a strong asset
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented individual
- Ability to troubleshoot experiments and adapt protocols as needed to overcome challenges
- Experience with protein tracking databases and or workflow tools
- Mentoring and training skills to develop team members
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in oral and written English
- Working in a truly multidisciplinary and international team of scientists and experts
- Excellent infrastructure for cutting edge science
- Flexible work environment
- Attractive employment conditions
If you are a dedicated SLC specialist with a passion for membrane protein research and drug discovery, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of novel therapeutics and make a significant impact on the development of new medicines. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant documents in English.