Team Leader in Membrane Protein Biochemistry (80-100%)
Switzerland, Aargau, VilligenManagerial
Join us to push the boundaries of structure-based drug discovery and design medicines that matter.
leadXpro is a team of experts in membrane protein science and a rapidly growing biotech company. We have an integrated platform for membrane protein biochemistry, biophysics and structural biology, including X-ray crystallography and cryo-EM. Our team combines specialized knowledge in protein science, pioneering technologies in structural biology and expertise in ligand design and characterization.
You will perform membrane protein biochemistry on ion channels, transporter, GPCR and their G-protein complexes. The position combines wet lab work, as well as, managerial tasks to lead a young growing team. The key duties include:
- Mentoring, managing and developing a multi-disciplinary team of scientists.
- Coordinating and prioritizing project work both within your team and across teams.
- Capturing knowledge and developing methods for membrane protein purification, protein engineering and formulation for biophysical and structural characterisation.
- Analysing, reporting and presenting data internally and to clients.
- Shaping the strategy to enhance the capabilities and to advance technologies of the protein biochemistry effort in the company.
You are a highly motivated PhD Scientist with an open and positive mindset. You share our passion for science and you identify with our values transparancy, integrity and reliability. This position requires the following qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in biochemistry, structural biology, biotechnology or a related discipline.
- >5 years previous experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment and experience in leading projects and people.
- Experience with membrane protein biochemistry.
- Excellent team player with high work ethics.
- Fluency in English is essential (C1+), German is a plus.
- Working in a truly multidisciplinary and international team of scientists and experts.
- Excellent infrastructure for cutting edge science.
- Flexible work environment.
- Attractive employment conditions.
Please send us your application in English.