Scientist / Senior Research Associate - Biophysics (80-100%)
Villigen, Aargau, SwitzerlandScientific
Scientist or Senior Research Associate - Membrane Protein Biophysics (80-100%)
leadXpro AG is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Biophysics Scientist / Senior Research Associate to join our drug discovery team, specializing in the study of membrane proteins.
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting experiments, analyzing data, and contributing to the implementation of new biophysical techniques for small molecule drug-discovery. You will work closely with a team of scientists and researchers to design and execute experiments, interpret results, and present findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Membrane Protein Characterization: Employ various biophysical techniques such as surface plasmon resonance (SPR), grating-coupled interferometry (GCI), thermal shift assays (TS), dynamic light scattering (DLS) or nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) to characterize membrane proteins and protein-ligand interactions.
- Assay Development: Develop and optimise assays for membrane protein function and activity, including ligand binding assays, screening or functional assays.
- Compound management: Maintain accurate records of chemical compound information, including batch numbers, concentrations, and storage conditions. Utilize compound management software to track inventory and update databases.
- Data Analysis: Analyze biophysical data using relevant software tools and interpret results to provide insights into membrane protein behavior and function.
- Experimental Design: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design and execute experiments aimed at elucidating the role of membrane protein drug targets, optimizing drug candidates, and validating drug screening assays.
- Technology Advancement: Stay current with the latest advancements in biophysical techniques and contribute to the evaluation and implementation of new technologies to enhance research capabilities.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain comprehensive records of experiments, protocols, and results. Prepare research reports, presentations, and publications to communicate findings to the team and external stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams including medicinal chemists, biochemists and computational scientists to drive drug discovery projects forward.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure compliance with laboratory safety protocols, quality control standards, and regulatory guidelines.
- Training and Mentorship: Provide training and mentorship to junior staff and interns in biophysics techniques and experimental procedures.
Qualifications and requirements
- Education: A Ph.D. in biophysics, structural biology, biochemistry, or a related field, or a Master's degree with significant relevant experience.
- Experience: Proven experience working with membrane proteins and biophysical techniques such as SPR, GCI, NMR and DLS. Prior experience in a drug discovery or pharmaceutical research environment is a strong plus.
- Analytical Skills: Proficiency in data analysis software and a strong aptitude for interpreting complex biophysical data.
- Collaboration: Strong teamwork and communication skills to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to troubleshoot experiments and adapt protocols as needed to overcome challenges.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and cutting-edge technology.
- A collaborative and innovative work environment.
If you are a dedicated biophysicist with a passion for membrane protein research and drug discovery, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of novel therapeutics and make a significant impact on the development of new medicines. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant documents in English.